Looking for a Board Certified Doctor to help me with my request.

I am 5'0 ft about 126-130 now . I am looking to get a BBL and wanted a very plump butt about 1000cc - 1200cc . By the images might I qualify for such an amount ? . I live in Tx , so I'm not able to travel the U.S. to see every doctor. But figured this could be start to help me to see what options I have. Don't plan to get the procedure done until another year , should I gain more weight about 20 more pounds?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Difficult to comment without photographs.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #brazilianbuttlift

Hi Lauren38182, thank you for your excellent question. Without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. Best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

The chosen one

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
I usually tell my patients that the first step for a safe plastic surgery is to choose a board certified aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon.

This should have a personal website containing details of his professional biography and some photos of the procedures performed.

Your plastic surgeon should be  transparent and a honest person with you, with ethical and human values, and especially with good reputation and history. Also, it's much better if this doctor have special training and experience in procedures like the one you're interested.

Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest for you.

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-        

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Pictures would be helpful to address your candidacy for the procedure.   In general, I do not recommend weight gain for someone of your height and weight.

Weight gain and BBL

Generally I do not recommend gaining weight just to try to amass more donor material.  Because, in the end, you will most likely gravitate back towards your baseline weight, and the fat will then thinn away, just as it would when it was in your abdomen and flanks.  Ultimately, it depends upon how much fat you have to donate as to whether or not you can reach 1200 cc.  That is a very high amount, and the more one injects, the higher the risk of side effects such as lumpiness, calcified fat, etc.  I think your best starting point would be to schedule a few consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area so they can examine you and offer their differing opinions.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

BBL candidate

Without photos it's difficult to determine if you are a good candidate for a BBL but you can calculate your BMI which may give you a rough idea. Watch this brief video for more information. It may be very difficult to achieve 1000cc's of pure fat also.

William Bruno, MD

You should be evaluated in person to see if you have enough donor sites
to achieve your goals. Best of luck.  Your thighs may be a good source
of fat in your case.  I do not usually recommend for patients to gain weight because they often want to lose weight after the procedure.

If you have adequate fat pockets for harvesting you would be a candidate for a BBL. The fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the hips and buttocks to build those up and give you that curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done to see if you are a good candidate for a BBL. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. Best of luck!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon