Can I benefit from just having lipo instead of a full tummy tuck? (Photo)

I really just won't lipo to flanks, back and stomach will this flatten and tighten my stomach or will I need a tummy tuck Will I have loose skin if I do just the lipo

Liposuction instead of tummy tuck?

• Thank you for your question about liposuction instead of a tummy tuck.
  • It is totally natural to want to avoid a tummy tuck but..
  • Liposuction of your tummy will not tighten it.
  • And you are right - it will leave your skin looser.
  • I strongly suggest that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your tummy tuck.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
    Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction alone or tummy tuck?

Liposuction alone will likely not flatten and tighten your stomach. In order to address loose skin and muscle laxity a tummy tuck is needed. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. When they examine you they will be able to explain to you what can be achieved with each of these procedures.

Tummy tuck fixes loose skin

In your photos, it appears you have loose skin. This won’t be improved with liposuction, and may become more prominent after surgery if you don’t have a tummy tuck. Liposuction alone might give you a flatter stomach, but the loose skin would probably not give you the results you want.

Can I benefit from just having lipo instead of a full tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for you question and for posting appropriate pictures. You do seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. If you choose to only have a liposuction procedure, you will be left with loose skin and probably will be unhappy with the results. A special kind of tummy tuck I perform is called a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty. This will flatten and tighten your tummy while removing the loose skin. I often perform liposuction along side with this procedure to add additional contour. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Can I benefit from just having lipo instead of a full tummy tuck

Thank you for sending your photo and question.  Based on your photo, you are a good candidate for an Tummy tuck. The tummy tuck result will last a long time unless you have fluctuations in weight or have another child. Liposcution would worsen the skin laxity.  I encourage you to make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to further discuss. Best Wishes

Tummy Tuck or Lipo

Yes, you can do just lipo, but since you already have loose skin of your belly, it will be even more loose after just lipo.  The wrinkling will be worse.   Tummy Tucks tighten your skin and your muscles.   Lipo just makes you smaller by removing the fat from under your skin, essentially deflating your skin even more, worsening the wrinkles.    

You will do better with an abdominoplasty. Liposuction will give a bad result............................................

Can I get a DREAM FIGURE with only Lipo??

It takes a LOT of courage to ask questions on this site and especially to posy revealing photos of yourself. 
I assume you are seeking the truth and not vague flattery.
To get a quality dish you must have quality ingredients. To get a quality dress, you must have quality cloth and when it comes to Cosmetic Surgery, it is NO  different. The BEST results are only obtainable when several criteria re met.. You CANNOT get a good result IF:
- you are OBESE (BMI 30 and over). 
- are a smoker, diabetic or have autoimmune disease
- Undergo the wrong operation
- your surgeon perform the right operation poorly
- you use an inexperienced surgeon
- do NOT follow your surgeon's instructions
- you WILL have scars. Your body cannot be contoured and tightened without scars
- you have pie-in-the-sky unrealistic expectations (There are VERY few Beyonce's out there. You are unlikely to look like her even with the best operation because she is unique AND younger).

You appear to be overweight. The closer your BMI comes to 27 and under, the nicer your results would be. Liposuction can safely remove about 10 pounds off and while more can be sucked out, the recovery would be rougher and you may need to be kept overnight for intraveous fluid administration. Liposuctions tightens the tummy skin a little BUT it is NOT a match to a Tummy Tuck in either skin or muscle tightening, BOTH of which you require for a nice result.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN