Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am seriously considering a mommy makeover, including tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and lipo. Based on the included photos, can I expect great results from the TT. I assume I need an extended TT. I weigh 200 lbs. and I am 5'6. I have never been skinny, and I'm okay with that. I am ok with my body other than my tummy.

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants/ Tummy Tuck /Liposuction/ Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photos. The best way to get safe and dramatic results from your Tummy Tuck procedure would be to lose any excess fat you can and maintain a stable, healthy weight before surgery. This will decrease your risk of complication and provide your surgeon more material to work with. Liposuction is helpful for contouring and improving the appearance of problem spots. You do appear to be a good candidate for a full Tummy Tuck. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. They will examine you, discuss your aesthetic goals with you and help you plan for your procedure.

All the best

Are you a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

In short, yes, I think that you would make a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  I would also suggest liposuction to give the waist an even more contoured look.  Because you have acknowledged that you will never be "skinny", you should also recognize that a tummy tuck won't make you completely flat.  We can put the muscle wall back together to where it was before babies, but my guess is that you still will have some fullness up top.  With that being said, I think you will still be very happy with your post-op appearance.  Good luck!!

Mommy Makeover Candidate

I think you could be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. Having kids is an amazing experience and arguably the most wonderful thing that will ever happen to you. That being said, weight gain followed by weight loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, and child birth (either vaginally or by caesarian section) can cause irreversible changes to your breasts, tummy, not to mention other areas. All of these changes are natural reminders of your amazing journey and many are not bothered by them. For those that are, we can often provide help. Our office offers comprehensive mommy makeover consultations that address issues you may have with your breasts and tummy, but also anything else that may be bothering you. By offering a full spectrum of services (breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction, tummy tuck, facial aesthetic procedures, labiaplasty, and laser vaginal rejuvenation) we are able to customize a plan for each patient that ensures their highest possible level of happiness. Good luck with your journey!

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Thank you for your photos. You would benefit from a Tummy Tuck procedure with additional Liposuction. This would significantly flatten the stomach and reestablish your waistline all the way around. A regular program of diet and exercise should be followed both before and after the procedure to maintain your results. Be sure to ask for photos of patients similar to yourself before chossing your surgeon. Best Wishes

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. I think it is fair to expect substantial improvement in your abdominal area with a combination of liposuction and tummy tuck. However, surgery does have limitations and there are some things that it cannot do. Depending upon your goals these operations may meet or exceed your expectations.. or fall short. This requires a nuanced discussion of your goals and a physical exam. I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a great candidate for the mommy makeover. Patients lose approximately 15% of their body weight after a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck with liposuction. In this procedure we would reattach the muscles in the abdomen which have separated due to pregnancy. Separated muscles can't be fixed by diet and exercise alone. Generally in my practice, I perform liposuction along with a tummy tuck for best contoured results. I recommend using Vectra 3D Imaging if you are considering a breast augmentation to get an idea of what you would look like post-surgery. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in mommy makeovers. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Hello! Thank you for your question! The mommy makeover - what plastic surgeons think of as a tummy tuck with breast augmentation +/- breast lift - is a very popular procedure that can produce excellent results! Given your photos and goals/desires, you appear to be a good candidate for this procedure.  I would encourage continued diet and exercise prior. Pregnancy/age/weight loss all play big roles in the laxity and normal aging cascade seen. The procedure has become very popular in those women looking to rejuvenate their belly and breasts after completing such events as you describe. The abdominoplasty will contour your belly, remove loose tissue as well as lower the position, and plicate your abdominal wall to youthful tightness. If you are content with your current size, the breast lift will serve to raise your nipple-areolar complex, give you a more perky/uplifted appearance, and give you more youthful/fuller breasts. An implant would give size, shape, and fullness.

It typically takes 5-6 hours of operative time. These procedures may be safely combined at one setting, given you are healthy and without significant medical comorbdities. I would consult with a plastic surgeon who would examine you and discuss the various options and assist you to decide if you wish to undergo all of the procedures at once or at smaller staged procedures. An examination of the amount of work to do with each will also make the decision. There would obviously be a cost saving and recovery benefit for a one-stage procedure. However, your safety should not be sacrificed for these reasons.

Thank you for your question! Hope that his helps and best wishes for a superb result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... Yes you are a great candidate for a Tummy Tuck procedure and i suggest you a waist contour too to really improve your abdominal area. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD