5 weeks post vaginal rejuvenation split. Does anyone think I will need a revision? (Photo)

I am 5 weeks post vaginal rejuvenation, wedge technique used. I was cleared to have sex at 4 weeks post op. I attempted to have sex but felt an insane pain at the bottom edge of my vagina just with the tip of his penis, I stopped immediately. Does anyone think I will need a revision from looking at these photos?

Sex too Soon after Vaginal Rejuvenation = Trouble

It takes six weeks minimum for a vaginoplasty to heal. Any surgeon with experience knows this. Sex prior to this is a poor decision because the scar will fall apart as you have just described. You received bad advice. Revision will be needed once you heal.

Healing Following Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure

Swelling can persist for two or three months but ice can help reduce swelling. #Postoperative care should consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.

Also, due to the nature of the tissue in the labial area it is not unusual to have unequal amounts of swelling which generally should improve and become more symmetric over several weeks.

We recommend to our patients that they wait six to eight weeks before resuming physical activity and sexual
#intercourse. If you had a #vaginoplasty it is also recommended that some stretching exercises of the surgical site start at six weeks to soften any scarring that may occur and to make the sexual experience more comfortable after surgery. This stretching exercise is not needed if you had a labiaplasty alone.

If you have certain concerns about the #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Sexual relations after vaginoplasty.

Unfortunately you were given bad advice about the timing of resuming sexual relations after a vaginoplasty. A minimum of six weeks and more frequently 8 weeks before one is comfortable in having sexual relations. It is impossible to determine the extent of the damage without a physical examination.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

When can I have sex after perineoplasty/vaginoplasty? What to do if the incision opens?

That is unfortunate!  I tell my patients it will be a minimum of 6 weeks & likely up to 2 months before they can resume intercourse without fear... did your doctor actually EXAMINE you when he/she said it was OK to resume vaginal relations? (If not, that is below the "standard of care..!)

Yes, you may decide you wish a revision after all is completely healed (up to you...) If indeed your doctor did tell you it was OK to have sex at 4 weeks, especially if he/she did so without an exam, that doc has some culpability, and should perform the re-repair gratis, or for a very tiny fee.  If, however, you did this without an OK from your doc, you are on your own with respect to the fee for re-repair.

That must have been scary for both you ans your partner!  Sorry for the grief..!

Michael P Goodman MD