15 year old saline implants, switching to silicone, need advice please!

I love my implants but I'm ready to exchange them for larger silicone. Choosing the size is so hard to do! I currently have 455cc saline under the muscle. I'm considering 650cc silicone also under the muscle, I need opinions on this. Too big? How much of a difference will 200ccs make? I'm 5'3", 130 pounds. I was 118 pounds in these pics.

Going bigger by 200cc should take you up roughly 1 cup size.  However, try on different implant sizers within your bra while wearing a tight t-shirt and look at the mirror.  Go for the look that you want and don't focus so much on cup size or volume.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Switching implants

That should give you a cup size at least. Measurements would help pick the proper style, likely high or extra high profile gels to make 650cc fit your body property.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Larger implants

Increasing your size by 200 cc's may be ok. It really depends upon your anatomy and the dimensions of the implants. To get an idea in terms of volume, you can add the difference to a bag and and place them in your bra( larger of course).

Going larger

Adding 200 cc should take you up a cup size. A high profile implant may have better projection without so much width. Consult with your chosen plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Going XL

Good evening!

650cc High Profile sounds awesome- it will take you up about one cup size. I do lots of XL augmentation, so I have attached a link to my XL Breast Augmentation photo gallery for your review- lots of candid photos of my patients along with their implant size listed- hope it helps!

Thank you for the question.  Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.