Will I be able to walk and take stairs 2 weeks after tummy tuck surgery?

My daughter has hockey tournament when I'm 2.5 weeks post op and wondering if I could go. Will I be able to walk normal and take stairs?

I would tell you not to do this.  Healing will vary a great deal between patients, so I would see how you are doing and follow your surgeon's advice.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Walking up stairs 2 weeks after TT

Barring any complications, you should be fine to go a hockey tournament. You should be able to walk upright but you may or may not still have drains so you will need to be careful. You will definitely have an abdominal binder on so this should make it more comfortable to walk around. That being said, I would avoid excessive walking and just enjoy your coffee/hot cocoa from the stands. Best wishes!

Post op TT

After tummy tuck surgery you should be able to walk upright in about one week. You should be a comfortable on the stairs by 10 days. Do not over exert yourself but you should be fine to taking the stairs  at the hockey tournament. 

DrBurnett#realself100

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hi-

It may be difficult to take a lot of stairs 2.5 wks following a tummy tuck. I generally recommend patient to only do very light activity for the first 3-4 wks following surgery as you don't want to cause any unnecessary stress on your incision and compromising your result. Hope this information was helpful. Good Luck!!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Everyone heals differently so it is hard to say. Most of my patients are up and around fairly well by two weeks although they can not perform any exercise at that point.

Yes, barring any problem/complications you should be able to climb stairs 2.5 weeks post tummy tuck surgery. Just plan to move slow and "listen to your body". Best wishes for  an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

You should be up and walking the day of your surgery. there is no reason why you should not be able to move around at a pretty normal pre surgery pace 2.5 weeks after. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recovery

Hello and thank you for your question. Most patients are able to walk up stairs and function well at two weeks post-op.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD