How to shower after Tummy Tuck?

I'm so sore, I don't know how I'm supposed to shower. My back and everything hurts so much how on earth do I stand to shower?

How to shower after Tummy Tuck

This is a question for your surgeon. You should always follow their post op advice above anyone else's. Please make sure that someone is there to assist you if needed if you feel you are not able to shower on your own. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

How to shower after Tummy Tuck?

Showering after surgery can be difficult and you do not want to fall.  See if your surgeon can recommend something else like sponge bath or something else.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Showering after a tummy tuck

If standing in the shower is to uncomfortable I would suggest you bring  chair or stool so that you can shower while sitting and alleviate some of the back pain. * 

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and showers

Congrats on having a tummy tuck! your surgeon should of included bathing instructions in your surgical packet. You will be quite sore for about a week. Sponge baths work pretty well until you are able to shower. Best Wishes!

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Showering and tummy tuck

More details need to be known. However, if your surgeon stated that you can shower and it is too uncomfortable to stance, perhaps sitting in the shower is possible. If not sponge bathe until you can.

How to shower after a Tummy Tuck?

Showering after any surgery is always a challenge.  If you feel you are unable to stand you may consider sponge bathing and have someone help you to make sure you do not fall. 

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Showering post tummy tuck

Since every surgeon has his or her own unique post op protocol, you need to speak with your surgeon to get approval to shower. Once you have the ok, you may want to bring in a stool or chair at first so that you have some support until you feel as if you can stand up.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon