Root canal. Will my surgeon still do TT?

I need a root canal redone on old root canal filling. Will surgeon still do tt? So far my tooth is not infected, X rays during cleaning revealed the problem and referring me to root canal specialist

Root canal

It sounds like you should have the root canal first, and if there is no infection, then you can probably go ahead with the tummy tuck. Best of luck.

Root canal and TT

A very interesting question. I don't think your PS will have any issues with doing the TT as long as the root canal is done first and the tooth is not infected. I would check with both your PS and your dentist to make sure they are both OK with you proceeding ahead with the TT. Coordination between your health care providers is critical when it comes to these types of situations. Best wishes!!

Tummy tuck

I would recommend that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon to see if they will clear you for surgery. If possible, have the root canal taken care of prior to your surgery because you don’t want to develop an infection and risk developing any complications while you are recovering from your tummy tuck. Best of luck.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Root canal and surgery

Your surgeon is in the best position to advise you.  Its ideal to have the root canal treatment performed and to fully recover before proceeding with your tummy tuck surgery.

Thank you for your question, if your canal and tooth first then you should have nothıng to worry about you have have TT. It is best to talk to your surgeon about your cancens.

Root Canal and Tummy Tuck

If your root canal is done first and the tooth is not infected you should be fine to proceed with the tummy tuck.  However, please discuss the timing with your plastic surgeon and dentist so everyone is on the same page.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  I recommend that you ask your surgeon.  It also depends on the timing of the two procedures.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

This is clearly a question for your surgeon, not an online forum. His or her opinion is the only one that matters.