18 have a four month old. (photo)

Want to know if I get a tummy tuck how much of my stretch marks would be removed and are the stretch marks above my belly button will be moved to a lower position ?

Candidate for a TT

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  An important question to ask is if you plan to have additional children in the near future?  If not, then you can proceed forward with a tummy tuck.  If you do plan to more children in the near future, then you may want to wait on a tummy tuck.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck

You can anticipate the stretch marks from the level of the belly button down will be removed.  The higher stretch marks will appear different when the skin is pulled taut.  The belly button will remain in the same position, it will just have an incision around it.

Camille Cash, MD

Stretch marks after a tummy tuck

In most cases, the stretch marks below the bellybutton are cut out and this skin discarded. The stretch marks above the bellybutton to a large extent will end up below the bellybutton, but in some cases will extend further up the abdomen.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon