Fun in the sun for burn victims; is it safe or not? (Photo)

I have a burn on my face from doing laser hair removal treatment, which is healing and peeling. I am at the beach and want to sit in the sun but don't know if it's safe or not. Please help

Burn Scar on Face - Silicone Based scar gel with growth factors, sun protection

you must go see a cosmetic physician immediately for appropriate wound care. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

No sun after laser burn

You already look very tan.  I prefer to treat skin with this much pigment by performing a test spot and waiting a minimum of 48 hours to check for reaction.  The laser settings can then be determined by the test spot results.  It's really best to avoid the sun 3-4 weeks before and after treatment.  Since you currently are healing from a burn, you must absolutely avoid sun exposure.  Have you returned to your provider for evaluation and treatment of this burn?  An antibiotic ointment may be indicated.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Laser burn - NO SUN

Absolutely, you can't get in the sun. This is a burn and it needs to heal. Sun will cause the pigment to darken in the are burned. I like to use Biafine for this, until the skin is healed. Please see a burn specialist, a Plastic Surgeon or Dematologist. Sun is a no no for 3 weeks on either side of a laser treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Avoid Sun Exposure After Any Laser Treatment

Sorry for your injury.  We counsel all of our laser patients to avoid sun exposure for the next 1-2 weeks.  You look like you are nursing a very bad burn.  You should avoid additional sun exposure at all costs.  Any additional sun/heat will probably result in complications to your healing process.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician