Help, Got Breast List Approval with Insurance but Only Have a Few Weeks Left by October 2016.

Got approval for a breast lift, Currently DD want to be a D/C . I cannot find a doctor close enough to where I live, Hampton Bays, NY that Oxford Freedom will cover. Met with one Stony Brook, NY doctor and he old me one breast may not be the same size. He also liked by breasts and told me not to do anything because I was concerned with scars. No back pain just shoulder indents. I switch to NO underwire sometimes for comfort. Anybody have a doctor near or around zip code 11946? Appreciate any feedback !!!

Breast reduction lift

Thank you for your question. I believe he referring to the breast reduction which may be covered by insurance but not a breast lift.  A properly performed breast reduction includes a breast lift.  You would need to be examined and authorization obtained or transferred.

Breast reduction

You can look on the ASPS or ASAPS websites for surgeons in your area if you desire a braest reduction. I am only in the city, sorry.

Breast reduction/lift

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many good surgeons in your area.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast reduction approval

Unless your insurance is ending, authorizations can be extended. Going from a DD to a C/D will not be covered after the fact. The minimum gram weight must be removed.  the potential scarring is a trade off for the pain relief this operation affords.  There are plenty of plastic surgeons on Long Island and Queens.