If I'm breastfeeding can I have juvederm Voluma?

Treatment while breastfeeding?

Voluma or any other dermal filler or Botox is not FDA approved while breastfeeding or pregnant. As a fellow mother to be (second time after breast feeding for a year) and facial plastic surgeon, I know how frustrating it can be NOT to have treatment; however, since no research has been done to prove that it is absolutely safe, it is not advisable to have treatment done until you finish pregnancy and breast feeding. I hope this helps

Voluma & Breastfeeding

Since there haven't been any definite studies done yet on Voluma & breastfeeding, I would advise you to wait until you stop breastfeeding before getting Voluma. It's always better to err on the side of caution. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma while breastfeeding?

Thank you for your question. I recommend you wait until you have stopped breastfeeding. Research has not been conducted to determine if it is safe or not. 

Voluma and breastfeeding

Since there have not been any studies on Voluma during pregnancy or breastfeeding to determine whether it is safe or not, I recommend you wait until after you are done breastfeeding before you get Voluma.  Always seek treatment form a qualified professional!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and breastfeeding

Hi,

All the neurotoxins and fillers are not safety tested for nursing so I would follow the manufacturer's directions to avoid them during nursing.  

Warmly,

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma & Brest Feeding

Dear Nonaseta:

for a safety perspective, I would recommend that you wait to have your enhancement with Voluma after breast feeding.  Best wishes.

Not approved

Juvederm Voluma has unknown risks to an infant of a breast-feeding mother.  It is likely OK, but to be safe, extensive testing would need to be performed.

Voluma or indeed any filler and also botulinum toxins are not approved for pregnant women and women who are breast feeding. Once you have stopped breast feeding you will be able to evaluate your aesthetic needs and ask you Plastic Surgeon for advice. 

Laurence Kirwan, MD, FRCS, FACS
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Breastfeeding

Thanks for your question!  I would recommend waiting until you are done breastfeeding prior to getting any sort of injections with fillers.  Best of luck to you!

Voluma while breastfeeding

Hello, and thanks for your question. The short answer is we don't know, so you're better safe than sorry, as the saying goes. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon