What did my gyno surgeon do and is it reversible? (photos)

I received excellent results from my gyno revision. The original surgeon lipod around the gland. I'm not too happy with the "fold" that was a result of my original surgeon. The pictures are me flexing my abs, slouching and me standing normally. Can this be reversed and what do you think? Thank you for your input.

When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery Revision

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gynecomastia revision

Thank you for your photos, Rick.

It appears at least from the photos that the lower part of the breast (chest) is sunken.  Sometimes, the addition of fat (fat grafting) to this area can fill out the deformity.   I would wait, however, at least 6 months from the prior surgery to make sure the tissues are still swollen.  

Tim Neavin, MD

Gynecomastia revision.

Thank you for your pictures and your question regarding gynecomastia surgery. To me, it appears that you need more fullness underneath the areola. It appears that there is a concavity underneath the areola, especially on your left side. This has led to the breast folds that are more significant on your left side. To correct this, I would suggest fat grafting. This should be performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in fat grafting. I would suggest fat grafting to the pectoralis muscle to increase the foundation of the male chest. This should lead to a better aesthetic result. Fat should not be inserted just underneath the areola because this would create the same problem you presented with, namely gynecomastia.

I hope this answers your questions regarding gynecomastia revision. If you have any more questions regarding gynecomastia, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

S/p gynecomastia revision

Best advise is to return to your surgeon for a re evaluation and discussion of treatment options after his revision. Some skin tightening can be obtained but this will result in additional scarring.

Loose skin

It appears that you have loose skin in you upper abdomen lower chest region. This is due to soft tissue laxity. Treatment could be skin excision but it will leave a permanent scar.

After removal of fatty tissue in any area of the body some laxity will occur and the amount of laxity will depend on the elasticity of the skin and how much fat is removed. The amount of laxity in the photos appears to be related to these. Return to your plastic surgeon. He may offer additional surgery to tighten the skin but this will leave additional scars. 

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and it is not clear what was done in the first and second surgery but to answer your question, your porblem can probably be fixed with further surgery but an examination is needed.Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD