I'm 3 days post op. Have my implants begun to drop? (photos)

So this may be an extremely dumb question but I feel like my implants have dropped already. I had 700 cc saline biplaner BA no lift. They look smaller than they looked two days ago. Have they began to drop? Will they eventually look bigger? I've seen 700 on some people and they looked huge but these do not look that big to me even though I love them and believe my surgeon did a fab job. Also is this bra wrong to wear at this point? I'm 5'3 150 lbs

I'm 3 days post op. Have my implants begun to drop?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. you are very early in your post op. you will need 2 to 3 months for swelling to go down. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still very early on in your recovery. Your breasts will not have dropped this early into your recovery, what you are noticing is the swelling beginning to resolve. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down over the first 3 months and your breasts will drop into their pockets. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

At this point, the differences you are noticing are due to decreased swelling, not dropping. Your implants will settle over 2 to 3 months to their final shape.

Drop and Fluff

After breast augmentation the tissues begin stretch from the weight of implants and the breasts begin to settle. This “drop and fluff” often occurs over the first few months after surgery as the edema finally escapes and the soft tissues relax. 

It will take 3 to 6 months to see a final result - although for some patients this process occurs faster. 

This process is often asymmetric as the breasts relax and settle at their own rates. 

At his point, you are right to be happy with the early results - the breasts are a nice shape with good symmetry and the nipples are in a good position. Continue close follow-up with your surgeon.

For more info on breast augmentation and recovery see the link below.

Implant position

You are still very early and they will likely drop more.  Best of luck with your results.  Your nipples were a bit low preop and they may need to be lifted in a few months.

Implant Settling

Your implants do look like they have already begun to drop. The size certainly is a personal issue but your surgeon appears to have done a good job based on where you started. The bra seems appropriate.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

I'm 3 days post op. Have my breast implants begun to drop?

New are still early in recovery and your implants have not had an opportunity to drop into position and fill out the lower pole of your breast.  Anticipate that he will see the fullness of the result by about 3 months.  Starting in 2 weeks vascular plastic surgeon to explain breast implant displacement exercises which will help the breast drop and assume a more natural full position.  The 700 cc implants are quite large and I assure you that your breasts will look bigger in time.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. 

Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting (and that they have better "cleavage"). Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.  

There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.  

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.