Getting a BBL; what pillow should I get to protect the fat that was transferred to my butt? (Photos)

Getting a BBL in Dominican republic and staying for month then back home the flight is 3.5 hrs what pillow should I get to protect the fat that was transferred to my butt

Getting a BBL; what pillow should I get to protect the fat that was transferred to my butt?

Some surgeons will recommend some sort of pillow.  You should always contact your surgeon about preoperative and postoperative instructions and concerns.  Surgery and the recovery period is a complex interaction of what was performed and how your body reacts.  There are not going to be easy answers to this online, because there is not enough known to make an intelligent recommendation.  I make myself available to my patients  by email and phone both before and after surgery for this very reason.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. I recommend you to get the boopy pillow to protect your bbl shape and use it to sit and rest for at least 8 weeks from the procedure.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL

You are better off having this done in the US close to your home for adequate and appropriate post-op care and follow-up. Best of luck.

BBL

I would highly recommend that you have your surgery done in the US by a board certified plastic surgeon. This will reduce your chance of complications and health risks. If you go to a doctor in a foreign country such as the Dominican Republic, the quality of care and medical standards are lower. If you develop some type of complication after surgery you may not be able to travel all the way back to be examined by your original plastic surgeon. When it comes down to it, your health is more important than the cost. If cost is an issue, there are financing options that most practices offer such as Care Credit and you can apply easily online and set up monthly payment plans. These are just some things to think about when making your decision. In regards to flying home from the Dominican Republic, I would suggest purchasing a booty buddy pillow to sit on. It reduces the pressure on your buttocks and I also suggest getting up and walking every 30 minutes. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon