Is there anything I can do to help improve the shape of my breast after reduction? (Photo)

I am 7 weeks post op anchor breast reduction. I have noticed that my breasts are starting to round out on the sides and not as much on the bottom. Is this typical and what kind of changes can I expect over time? Is there anything I can do to help improve the shape of my breasts? Also, my breasts do not seem to be tucking under along bottom incision. Is this likely due to persistent swelling that will resolve or actual breast tissue under the incision line?

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same. This can be used for revision surgery as well.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 

Generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Improving Breast Reduction

Thank you for your pictures.  You are only 7 weeks after surgery.  Your breasts should relax/round out over the next 6-12 weeks.  

Breast reduction

I think that you need to give it more time to heal before getting too worried about the shape. Best of luck.

Support the healing breast

You are 7 weeks after your surgery.  Everyone heals at different rates but what you are seeing in your breast is common after an "anchor" style, or Wise-pattern breast reduction.  The central portion of your incision (the T-point) where the breast flaps are attached to the lower inframammary fold may feel or appear tighter than the sides.  As the sides of the breast settle at a faster rate than the central portion where the T-point is you can see a square or "boxy" shape to the breast.  The breast will continue to settle with time.  The best thing to do is support the breast with a sports bra during the post operative period day and night.  The breast will soften with time.  From the photos, the bruising of the breast still seems to be resolving.  The tissue you are seeing below your breast is abdominal tissue below the inframammary fold (lower incision) and most likely not the breast tissue.

Chet Mays, MD
Louisville Physician