Potential allergy to the perservative in the Botox solution
Potentially the preservative in saline could be causing an allergic reaction leading to the swelling that you are experiencing. Saline comes in a preservative free formulation. A simple test to prove this would be the administration of a small amount of the preservative saline in the forearm.
Welts after Dysport/Botox
I've seen this is patients allergic to the preservative in saline. This can be test by an injection in the forearm. Saline without preservative can be used for the mixture and you will almost certainly do fine.
Dysport Reaction on Forehead
I suggest a preservative free dilution, if this doesn't give improvement you need to be patch or allergy tested to what is in the product itself. Best, Dr. Emer.
Reaction to Botox and Dysport
Dear Daisy2323:The most likely reason this has happened on multiple occasions is that you are allergic to the preservative in the diluent. Please talk to your physician. Perhaps you will avoid this reaction if preservative-free diluent is used.
All the best,Dr. Clark
It's possible the preservative in the solution is the cause and you can be tested for it in another part of your body. Tell your injector about these concerns before your next injection.
Best wishes, Dr. ALDO
Allergy after Botox or Dysport
As the other physicians said, the solution used for reconstituting the products contains a preservative. Be warned though that having your injector use a non-preservative saline will mean it will sting during injection. We have a patient who is allergic to the same thing as you and insists that she loves the results so much from Botox that she is willing to deal with the fact that it will sting a great deal for a minute if non-preserved saline is used as the reconstituting agent!"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."
There is any number of things you could be allergic to.
Theoretically you could be tested by an allergist for various potential allergens. Since we are talking about a cosmetic service, I think it would be best to avoid this type of treatment. Perhaps you should consider surgery as an alternative.