Am I a candidate for Kybella? (photos)

Am I a candidate for Kybella?

Kybella® fat reduction injections are a new treatment from Allergan®, the makers of Botox Cosmetic® which is designed expressly to destroy neck fat and is ideal for a "double chin". Please consult a board certified for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

A Good Candidate for Kybella

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin. Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out. Expertly-trained providers can suggest a calculated amount that will give optimal results.

#Kybellareducesfat #doublechintreatments #Kybelladestroysfat#

Kybella in NY

Thanks for the question.  Its hard to say without proper photos.  Moving the head up or down slightly from totally horizontal can make the neck look better or worse.  In this picture your neck is extended which makes you look like you have less neck fat.  My guess is you might have enough submental fat to at least have 1-2 sessions with some good results.  Schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area to see if you are a candidate.  

Good Luck

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Am I a candidate for Kybella?

Thanks for your question and photo.  It would be important to discuss with you exactly what your goals are and which areas of your face/neck you would like to treat.  Kybella is only FDA approved for treatment beneath the chin (double chin).  From your picture it looks like you might be a good candidate, but an in-person exam with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to see if this is the best treatment option for you.  

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Kybella Candidate

Hello moemamigliore,
Thank you for your question and photo. Based on your photo, depending on your overall goal I feel as though you would be a good candidate for KYBELLA treatment.  KYBELLA is the newest FDA approved injection that reduces fat in the troublesome area below the chin. Known as the "double chin," KYBELLA eliminates fat cells in the neck and requires little downtime after each treatment session. The down time can be about 2 weeks of swelling and mild soreness and possible brusing. We recommend about 2-3 treatments seperated about 6 weeks apart. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for further information and to see if you are a candidate for the procedure. Good luck!

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for Under Chin Laxity

Thank you for your question about Kybella.

While Kybella is intended to "melt" some of the fat underneath the chin, there is also some component of skin tightening that goes along with it. The results are not as significant as a facelift or neck lift, but improvement can be achieved.

To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have Kybella treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Kybella for Submental Fat under the neck

Kybella is an excellent product for treating submental fat.  However, I can't tell from the photo and in person consultation is needed to evaluate.  You may be a better candidate for the Cool-Mini by Zeltique. If you just have skin laxity then I prefer Thermage for skin tightening since it has wonderful results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of cosmetic experience for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

How to know if you are a candidate for Kybella

If you have localized fat under the chin but not a lot of skin laxity, then Kybella is a good nonsurgical option. It is not for skin folds or an alternative to a facelift or necklift. In the picture your chin is extended so it is not possible to tell much about either localized fat or skin tone.

Richard Baxter, MD

Kybella

Potentially but an in person exam is necessary to tell for sure.  The good news is that it is a product that works and can be injected and have your on your way very quickly.