How much weight is too low for BBL? (photos)

I had VSG Surgery 6 Months ago and have gone from 198lbs to 146lbs. I plan on losing more but since I want to have BBL and a tummy tuck I wonder how low I should go. I don't want to lose too much and not get the desired results. So. How low should I really go? Healthy BMI is 135lbs and bellow. Wish pics and my pics included.

BBL

You should get to your goal and then re-evalaute. If you have the BBL before getting to your goal, then your buttocks will likely shrink as your weight goes down.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Body contouring requires achieving your weight goal first

If you plan losing more weight--i.e., 15 pounds or more--the best course of action is to postpone any type of body contouring surgery.  The goal is to achieve the most predictable results and make sure that they will last a last time. 
I hope that helps and good luck. 

Weight for BBL

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

BBL and tummytuck

Ideally, your weight should be stabilized with excess fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift. We recommend doing the Brazilian Butt Lift first before the tummytuck since the BBL procedure takes detailed lipo contouring and you'll need fat from the abdomen area. Also, you will need to lie mostly on your stomach for healing purpose. Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon and your primary physician for a thorough pre-op exam. All the best!

Umeng David Thao, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon