Realistic expectations?! (photos)

Am I being unrealistic? Is this attainable after Liposuction and Mommy Makeover? I just need to know if I'm being realistic.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for the question and photos. Your expectations appear to be realistic but remember it's best to be seen in person to give you more specific advice. 

What you are asking for is a combination procedure for your midsection; a tummy tuck and liposuction. You may also need a breast lift with or without implants. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and look at pre and post op photos to help you decide who to go with. 

Dr. Khuthaila

Realistic expectations?! (photos)

Hi there, thanks for your question. An important thing to understand is that everyone’s bodies are made differently. A Mommy Makeover and Liposuction could definitely help give you a more contoured look, but it will still be proportionate to your height. I would set realistic goals for yourself, because it’s hard to base your goals off of someone else’s body. I wish you the best of luck.

Krishna Dash, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

thank you for your question and the photos. This is for sure a realistic result example for you, i would recommend you a Tummy Tuck and lipo in all areas needed. Depending on what you desire you might add a breast lift or augmentation. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Realistic Expectation- Mommy Makeover

A Mommy Makeover is unique combination of plastic surgery procedures that addresses the abdomen and breasts and is designed to restore and enhance your body.  It's important to keep a goal in mind when looking at plastic surgery before and after photos. Each patient is unique and presents with his/her own shape and objectives. I strongly recommend seeing a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to determine if you are a candidate and which combination of procedures are right and the safest for you. Looking at photos you should be able to get an idea of the surgeons skill and ability to achieve results best for you. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Are you being realistic? Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Let your surgeon decide with you about if it is safe or not for you to undergo surgery. 

Mommy Makeover

Realistic Expectations are an important aspect of any cosmetic procedure. I think it is fair to expect significant improvement of breast and abdominal contour, but you cannot ask your surgeon to make you look like someone else's body. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Mommy makeover options

Great question and one that many women have before surgery.  You will have to remember that your body is unique and no other body will quite match yours or vice versa.  If you do not have a lot of intra-abdominal fat then a properly designed tummy tuck can give you a thin, flat, and narrow waistline.  I think it will be important for you to describe in detail what you would like to achieve and then your plastic surgeon can give you some options or insight into the procedures that can get you where you want to be.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Expectations of a Mommy Makeover Procedure

All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.The intention of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.

In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform a #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover

Your goal should not be to look like someone else. A Mommy Makeover will definitely make you look better. And I think you will be happy with your results. Just don't expect to look like someone else or you will be disappointed. Best of luck. 

Chasing The Wish

The combination of a breast procedure with an abdominoplasty (and possibly liposuction) is coined a “Mommy Makeover” because the goal is to reverse the changes brought about from bearing children and breast-feeding. The ideal combination, however, is tailored to the needs of each patient and is performed to remove excess skin and fat from the body to produce a more pleasing shape. 

A typical full abdominoplasty can be a powerful procedure that can flatten and remove excess skin and fat from both above and below the belly button and tighten the abdominal muscles. The trade off is a scar in the bikini line that extends hip to hip and a scar around the belly button. Liposuction can be added to address trouble spots — usually in the mid abdomen, flanks, and hips. 

For more info on tummy tucks and mommy makeovers, see our link below.

Based on the photos you submitted, you would see a nice improvement in the shape of you abdomen and waist from an abdominoplasty and liposuction. Realistic expectations are important and weight loss prior to surgery will often improve the final outcome. A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical options. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.