Will the skin on my nose shrink?

Hello. I am 1 month post op and I've noticed that right after surgery when I had cast taken off my nose was small and nicely shaped. So much that I was actually happy of it. However it lasted about two weeks and then my nose started to swell and skin got thicker. I originally had a quite thick skin and now my nose looks almost the same as before surgery. Is what I saw after cast taken off the final result and now it is swelling? I am worried cause now my nose looks almost the same as before.

Skin shrinkage on nose after rhinoplasty

Thank you for an important question. It is common to have the skin look thin right after the removal of the splint. When the pressure is off then the skin will gradually swell for awhile but after several months it will start to shrink an assume the new shape of the new nose. It can take up to a year for this process so be patient .

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is only one month since your surgery. You have to give it a year or more for it to settle down. Best of luck with your results.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

1 month post op

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post-rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your facial plastic surgeon.  Best of luck. 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon