Long-lasting redness on skin after Salicylic Peel?

I had my 10% salicylic peel 20th April in the evening. It's 5th day after now and I'm noticing that redness thas occures on my nose and cheeks is still there. It's not presistent erythema, it occures when I touch a skin, widely open my mouth or smile and when it's cold outside. I'm afraid that redness will become permanent. I notice few more broken capillaries on my nose. What should I do? Will the redness disappear?

Salicylic acid peels and redness

Very usual for only a 10% concentration. Did a Specialist do this or was this an at home peel. The answer is complex as I need to examine and have a good history-

1. Was your skin barrier compromised before the peel?

2. Have you got underlying skin conditions such as rosacea, or seb derm

3. How many times did you apply the peel. 

At this concentration, in most cases, the redness will subside. All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Fiori Institute 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist