Does a lift prevent your breasts from looking natural?

My breast look hard as though they are bulging they do not look natural a year out? I went to another PS & he said the lift prevents the implants from taking a natural shape?

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question.  Breast lift with implants can look and feel very natural, especially after one year.  I recommend either returning to your surgeon or seeking another opinion.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Lift and implants

As the lift softens the implants should settle a bit. Not sure why yours hasn't come down.  Photos would help. Best of luck.

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Intended Look of Breast from the Lift

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Natural

Lifts help raise the nipple to a higher position and lift the breasts as well. Some women consider sagging a "natural" look. The implant is behind the breast. If the implant is sitting too high, it would be from scar tissue and not the breast lift. Without an examination and photos, I cannot be any more specific.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon