Does a lift prevent your breasts from looking natural?

My breast look hard as though they are bulging they do not look natural a year out? I went to another PS & he said the lift prevents the implants from taking a natural shape?

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question.  Breast lift with implants can look and feel very natural, especially after one year.  I recommend either returning to your surgeon or seeking another opinion.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Lift and implants

As the lift softens the implants should settle a bit. Not sure why yours hasn't come down.  Photos would help. Best of luck.

Intended Look of Breast from the Lift

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Natural

Lifts help raise the nipple to a higher position and lift the breasts as well. Some women consider sagging a "natural" look. The implant is behind the breast. If the implant is sitting too high, it would be from scar tissue and not the breast lift. Without an examination and photos, I cannot be any more specific.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon