Is there anything I can do to get my labia majora to not be so saggy/wrinkly looking? (photos)

I'm a 22 year old female. I've noticed a few years ago that my outer lips started like sagging/ looking wrinkly. It's very unpleasant I think to look at. I'm wondering what all I can do to get it fixed without it costing an arm and a leg as well as not leaving marks. I'm only 22 it shouldn't look like that. I haven't even slept with many people? Thanks docs!

Sagg

Your labia majora have excess skin and your pubic area is also enlarged. You probably need a pubic lift along with pubic fat removal.  Your majora skin need to be excised. I have published extensively on these procedures.  

Gary J. Alter, M.D.

Beverly Hills, CA - Ma

Solutions for wrinkled labia majora

Fat injections, skin excision, and skin nonsurgical tightening are the options for labia majora. It appears that you have fullness in the mons pubis which is putting compression on this area as well. If so, a mons pubis lift might be a part of the solution, but a consultation is needed to be certain.

Labiaplasty for wrinkly majora

Just like reducing excess, redundant, lax, wrikly tissue of the labi minora, the same can be done as kind of a "facelift" for the labia majora. Please read on:

Your story and concerns are in good company with almost ever other patient that undergoes labiaplasty and/or clitoral hood reduction (aka hoodectomy).  Based upon your photos, your anatomy is very typical of someone who seriously considers having these procedures and experiences a major boost in (sexual) self-confidence and pleasure thereafter. 

Labiaplasty, which most commonly involves surgical reduction of the labia minora (inner/thinner lips) but not infrequently trimming or tucking of the labia majora (outer/thicker lips), has become a relatively common procedure over the last ten and even more so last five years.  Most commonly it is done under light sedation (aka twighlight sleep) with local anesthesia, in which case the patient should feel no pain during the operation.  Whether the surgery is done using a laser, scalpel, or scissors does not really matter but what does matter is "symmetry".  Symmetry is the most important aspect to the final aesthetic result.  Most women, just like yourself, prefer to have as much of the darker pigmented edges removed as possible.  Also, it's not how much tissue is removed but how much is left remaining because a certain amount is necessary to maintain proper form and function - typically ~10 mm or so of the dry part of the labia.  To achieve these three most important elements, I have found that the "Trim Method" satisfies best.  It is extremely important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this operation (does at least 1 - 2 per week).  It may cost you a bit more but it is this type of result you will want to live with for the rest of your life.  Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $4500.
Although there is no guarantee, women frequently do seek clitoral hood reduction (Hoodectomy) to improve exposure of the clitoris and hence better stimulation during sexual activity. By removing some of the excess &/or redundant skin concealing the clitoris, it becomes more readily exposed to sexual stimulation and hence a heightened sexual experience/orgasm is possible.  Sometimes I recommend adding hoodectomy to labiaplasty to better harmonize the aesthetic outcome.  Again, the key is seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who performs this procedure regularly (>2-3 x/month) so that just the right amount of tissue is removed and just the right amount remains such that the clitoris is not constantly exposed and rubbing on clothing, etc... Typical fee for a hoodectomy is ~$3000 but reduced to about half that price if done along with a labiaplasty.
Now for recovery, because the labia tissue is so robust with blood supply it has an amazing ability to heal relatively quickly.  Most patients are sore for 4-5 days before things start to get a lot better from there.  Some patients can resume work before this time depending upon their occupation.  No exercise for two weeks, no baths/jacuzzi or swimming for 3 weeks, and no sexual activity for typically 4 weeks.  My patients are given an oral pain medication such as Vicodin or Percocet but icing the area for the first 48 hours and applying some custom  made take-home topical local anesthetic cream seems to work the best.  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Labiaplasty

yes If you have large labia majora you can undergo a reduction. Many times this procedure can be done in the office. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Sagging labia majora

Thank you for your questions and photographs. The excess skin of the labia majora can be surgically removed to eliminate sagging and wrinkling of the skin. You can read more about labia majora reduction surgery and costs at the link below. 

Is there anything I can do to get my labia majora to not be so saggy/wrinkly looking?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on your age and narrative I would recommend a labia majora reduction to remove the excess skin and tissue to leave you with a smoother appearance.  Be sure to see a surgeon well-versed in labia majora reductions in order to maximize your results. 

Thank you for your question.  There are several options to help.  Some more invasive(surgery) and some less invasive (laser or RF treatments). I would recommend starting with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon /gynecologist who specializes in labiaplasty.  They would be able to assess your tissues and give you advice regarding the options that would be available to you based on your examination and your goals.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Labia majora

Thanks for sharing.  If one has floppy labia majora you really only have 3 options: 1) laser or radio frequency (( such as ThermiVa)  which costs $3000 for 3 treatments but this will not leave a mark, however will require repeated treatments probably yearly to tighten the skin in the area 2) labia majora reduction - which leaves a scar the length of the vagina but can be hidden on the inner surface or the groove between the majora and minora  3) adding fat to the labia majora to plump them up and take away the wrinkles the problem is you would require so much fat it would make your majora extremely plump and will create a bulge in that area.

Best of luck with your care

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

What can you do to change your labia?

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.