I have long dents down my cheeks two years post op facelift. How can I get rid of them? (Photo)

Wondering how I can get rid of these dents; filled back in so I look normal again. Makeup only makes them more noticeable.

Doctor Answers 9

Contour Irregularities Afer Facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  Contour irregularities after facelift can often be improved by fat transfer or injectable fillers. Consider consulting with your surgeon to discuss treatment options. Best wishes.

Contour Irregularities

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Contour irregularities of the face after facelift can be improved with fat transfer.  Consider consulting with a surgeon to discuss options.

Dents in cheeks 2 years after face lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your face lift.

I am so sorry this has happened.
  • The photo suggests that you might have had a suture face lift - also called a MACS lift.
  • This uses very heavy sutures to tighten the face
  • These sutures can leave just the kind of marks you have.
  • Treatment options include surgery to elevate the skin and smoothe it out; injections of steroids to flatten scar associated with the sutures and fillers - 
  • You will need a examination for your surgeon to know what is best but often, surgery in that area is needed to get significant improvement.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Dents in face after facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I can't tell from the photos whether the problem is from depressions, in which case fillers should work, or, that you have some type of bunched up raised area, in which case you might benefit from either a small amount of liposuction or a minor revision to lift up the skin again and get it down smoothly. You should return to your surgeon.

Facial Dents.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Fat injection would correct or improve these dents for you and it can be done under local or general anesthesia within 15-20 minutes as office procedure or in the operating room. You may want to consult someone who has enough experience in this area.

Cheek indentations

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You could consider fat or filler injections to contour the area.  In severe cases revision facelift surgery is required to correct the deformity.  Good luck.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Contour Abnormalities

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Sorry to hear about your post op results. Contour abnormalities after a facelift can usually be addressed with fat grafting or dermal fillers. You should address these options with your surgeon. Good luck to you!

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Dents after a facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have several options. One is to consider fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or another hyaluronic acid filler agent. This can help augment the region and improve the contour in this region. These types of fillers typically last for about 9 months. The other option is to have fat grafting to this region. This is potentially a longer lasting solution but requires a minor procedure to do so. Make sure you schedule a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon. Hope this helps. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial dents 2 years post face lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon to discuss the use of injectable fillers versus autologous fat transfer to the areas of volume loss.  The former is a temporary solution, the later more permanent.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.