Fat grafting to breasts. Is it worth it?

I am looking into fat grafting to increase my breast size from a small B to a C and thus far I have talked to 2 doctors that are swaying me more so to getting breast implants.. I worry about the complications that I am reading about and their shelf life (about every 10yrs).. Are there any doctors that actually believe fat grafting is worth it or am I better off considering implants? Do doctors accept payment plans for cosmetic surgeries and what would fat grafting cost in comparison to implants?

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat transfer to breasts

It sounds like you have realistic expectations and your concerns about implant devices are somewhat valid. You could undergo fat transfer to your breast but it is difficult to achieve much more than 1/2 cup size from each fat grafting session, while most would agree you would need to reharvest fresh fat for transfer for each procedure. So you would be signing up for multiple procedures and it will take a few surgeries to achieve your desired result. All that said, an implant will get you there faster and are very predictable and safe.

Fat grafting to breasts---a good choice

Thanks for your question.  Fat transfer is a good choice for someone who wants more of a modest augmentation.  Typically about 200cc of fat can be injected during each fat transfer procedure and 30% of that fat is reabsorbed by your body in about a 6 month span.  Often, a second procedure is necessary to achieve the desired result.  But, once that is accomplished, there is no need for any upkeep, like you have with implants.  You also don't have a lot of the recuperative restrictions that you have when implants are used.  Good luck to you in your search!!!

Fat grafting breasts?

Fat grafting is less predictable and less aggressive than placement of a breast implant.  Expect about a one half cup size increase with each procedure.  To achieve more the procedure may need to be repeated.Current breast implants are quite durable and my expectation is that the average implant will remain durable for over 20 years.  Current cohesive implants have IMO a greater life expectancy than previous gel generations (which I found lasted 20-25 years). This assumes that your implants will not need changing for capsule contracture or size change.Good luck with your decision and enjoy your results. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for your question.  Breast fat transfer is good in select cases, as in modest augmentations.  Generally, you can go up 1 cup size with a fat transfer procedure.  Around 200cc of fat is usually transferred.  The problem with any fat transfer is that a good portion of the fat resorbs, making it less predictable than breast implants.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Fat grafting to breasts

This is an option in select cases- usually small amounts of fat can be safely grafted. For larger augmentations, implants are usually better. Not all of the grafted fat stays and typically 200cc or so is the average.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

I absolutely love fat grafting to the breasts! Not everyone is a good candidate as you have to have a youthful breast with minimal to no sagging (nipple must still sit close to or at the most projecting portion of the breast). You can only go up ~150cc or one cup size, so this procedure is not good for someone who wants to be a lot bigger. If you post photos, we can tell you if you are a good candidate.