Is this a deviated septum or just a crooked nose? (photos)

I have snored all my life however it's been getting worse the last year or so. I also have issues with sinus headaches and pressure quite often. I have an appointment this week with an Ent I was just wondering if that's what it could be. Thanks in advance!

Beware!!!

You could be in an error or receive wrong or trivial diagnosis.

Firstly, snoring has no connection with nasal issues, is a problem originated on the soft palate.

Your nose is not crooked, and your nose is not deviate, is neither a problem of septal deviation.

You are showing us your concerns about the obvious issues at the tip and the lower cartilages of the nose, known as alar cartilages, which form the tip, the alae and the columella. It is a rare case of congenital severe assymetry between both alar cartilages probably requiring full rebuild of them and major replacement by hand-made customized symmetrycal pieces carved out of cartilages harvested from conchas and/or septum.

A very nice and challenging case for a right surgeon, who must be creative, widely experienced and very artistic.

Do research well.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Deviated Septum vs Crooked Nose

A septum can be deviated while the external portion of the nose is straight and symmetrical. However, the septum is usually deviated when the patient has a crooked nose because the septum is the central strut of the nose.

Septal deviation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, I suspect this is septal deviation, however, an in-person intranasal examination is required to make this diagnosis.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Deviated septum and crooked nose

To make the diagnosis of a deviated septum usually requires a full examination of the internal portion of the nose. A septoplasty is performed to correct  it.  A rhinoplasty procedure is performed to straighten a crooked nose and adjust the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip to make them more symmetrical. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Deviated septum

A deviated septum is part of what can make a nose crooked. From the view you posted, it looks like a septal issue.

Deviated septum or crooked nose?

Without an internal examination, it would not be very simple to tell you whether you have a deviated  septum or not.  You obviously have some deviation of your columella, and that is often the sign of a deviated septum so my guess is that   You probably do have septal deviation.

Is this a deviated septum or just a crooked nose?

A deviated septum can cause a crooked nose. Also, the cartilage in that area could also be crooked causing what we see on your photo. A detailed physical exam both internally and externally will be required in order to most accurately determine the diagnosis and therefore outline the treatment.