Chin implant to feminize cleft chin. (photos)

I am getting my chin done and have decided on the conform extended anatomical chin implant I'm worried it won't get rid of cleft and give me the more feminine chin I desire hear are photos of my chin and the chin I wish to have. I'm looking for Suggestions as to what implant or procedure would be best to give me the look I desire

Chin

I don't see the need for a chin implant. I think it would make you look more masculine.
Your cheeks are broad and full. Perhaps some weight loss may improve your facial features.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant to feminize cleft chin.

From your photos, I doubt I would recommend a chin implant, although if you decide to try it and don't like it, the implant can be easily removed.d I have not found an implant to take away a cleft and you already have adequate bony projection and so do not need an implant for that. Why not try some fillers first?

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Chin implant

I'm  not sure i would  consider a chin implant to be a feminizing procedure.  Generally,  a strong chin is a more masculine trait.   Also,  you should discuss the cleft chin issue specifically with your surgeon.   A chin implant will not eliminate a cleft chin.  Eliminating a cleft chin requires a specific separate procedure.   

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a Chin Augmenatation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Chin implant to feminize cleft chin.

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. I prefer the EAC (Extended Anatomical Chin) implant instead of the EAC conform which seems like it would flatten out and not hold the shape as well as the EAC. Chin implants will "soft" the cleft but will not completely remove it. 

Hope this helps.

Chin Cleft

No type of chin implant is going to get rid of a  chin dimple or a vertical chin cleft on its own. That has to be treated more directly by soft tissue strategies.

Chin

findalex, you would need a degloving approach with a chin shave (to shape your chin the way you desire). An implant will not provide the change you seek. See an experienced surgoen that specializes in "only faces" and has many good photos. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

An Extended Anatomical Chin implant may not lead to a feminine chin appearance, and may not eliminate your chin cleft.

Your candidacy for chin implant surgery can not be determined without an examination. Your photos appear to show adequate chin projection. An extended implant wraps around your chin, and may not lead to the appearance you desire.

In some people, injectable fillers may be considered for treating a cleft and obtaining a more feminine chin appearance. Depending on your condition and examination, you may consider microdroplet Silikon-1000 injections - an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implants and expectations

Hello! First, I would caution you on setting you hopes for appearance on someone else's features, as that is seldom achievable. Your cleft will not likely go away with a chin implant but fillers may help with that. While it is somewhat difficult to tell from your profile, your chin does not appear retrusive. I am not certain you would benefit from a chin implant, as it may make your chin look overly protrusive. Additionally, the biggest difference in the photos you show and your chin is the WIDTH of the angle of the mandible. I would recommend starting with fillers to that area to give your jawline more contour, rather than anterior length. Perhaps another consult or two would benefit you. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon