I was wondering if you like using Sculptra? (Anna Wooten).

I went to a plastic surgeon for Voluma & he told me that he doesn't think Voluma lasts long enough and that it doesn't lift as advertised. I ended up getting 1 vial of Sculptra with future injections to follow. I ended up doing a lot of research after the injection and I am concerned about all the negative reviews concerning autoimmune reactions. Do you do Sculptra injections and if you do are you seeing this any negative results?

Sculptra versus Voluma

I use a great deal of Voluma and Sculptra and the choice really depends on several factors including skin tone and the areas that need injection.  Voluma gives an incredible lift and lasts around one year with fantastic results after only one treatment.  Please post photos to assess.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma vs Sculptra

Dear Cottec:  #Voluma and #Sculptra are both excellent products for facial sculpting and revolumizing.  Sculptra slowly revolumizes the face in a very natural and nonspecific manner, typically requiring three sessions for the best effect. Voluma is placed in areas that need lifting to reshape the face, and gives an immediate effect. It can provide a significant change with a small amount if filler. Both last for at least two years, so are economical as far as filler treatments go, give natural-looking results, and have a low risk of side effects. Both require an experienced and skillful hand for best results. Many patients have both, as these fillers address different issues that may be present in the same patient.  All the best,  Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Both are good

Sculptra and Voluma are both excellent products.  Sculptra is composed of lactic acid, a normal body product.  It is unlikely for the body to develop a true "immunity" to lactic acid.  Voluma is also a natural body product, hyaluroinc acid, a polysaccharide found in the tissues.Both are excellent products and both can have rare reactions such as granulomas.  Many doctors such as myself use both.

Sculptra is an excellent product for volumizing tissue. It works well in the face and other parts of the body. Overall, it is a better value to the patient as the product can last 2+ years

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Sculptra is a great volumizer

I think that Sculptra is a great product and use it on many patients. I also train other physicians on its use. I too don't believe that Voluma lasts much longer than a year and it has a very low G prime (lifting ability). Typicially, a vial per decade is needed for correction. Close to the eyes, above and in the lips, can not be injected with Sculptra and HA is better for these areas. See link please.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

I was wondering if you like using Sculptra

I have been doing Sculptra for over 10 years and have never seen nor read about an auto-immune reaction after an injection. I think if someone already has an auto-immune problem most companies advise against using their product because it has not been studied in people who have an overly aggressive immune system. It likely would not work as well in those individuals. As to Sculptra versus Voluma, I think if you are going to have filler to replace lost facial volume, both work well but over time, the Sculptra will be as effective if not more and less pricey than the Voluma

Julio Garcia, MD

Sculptra is safe when used properly.

Sculptra is a unique filler that stimulates your body to make collagen.  It will give you the best chance of improving volume in your cheeks and maintain a natural look.  Like any filler, Sculptra has to be used properly. There are not many doctors who have the right experience with Sculptra, and, in fact, most doctors don't even offer the product because of a lack of experience and knowledge.  It seems like your plastic surgeon has given you the right treatment advice.  There is a lot of misinformation about Sculptra on the internet.  I have been using Sculptra for over 11 years with great natural looking results without complications.