Are the pleat behind my ear normal at 8 days post lower facelift? (photos)

I am at my 8th post op from lower facelift. Does the pleat behind my ear need any revision? Or wil it go away? There's also wound dehiscence near the hairline. I am instructed to apply topical antibiotics. How will that heal? Will there be necrosis? Thanks to all in advance.

Pleats behind ears after facelift

8 days after surgery is in the very very early postoperative period. Issues such as small areas of delayed healing and skin pleat irregularities are often self-limiting and will resolve with the ongoing hewing process.

Be sure to follow your surgeons recommendations and proper follow up

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Posterior ear pleats after facelift

Hello Pusa-

Skin edges can be a bit irregular and bumpy in the first several weeks but generally smooth out in the first couple months. Be patient with this issue and it should resolve without needing any revision. Stay in touch with your plastic surgeon. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pleating After Lower Facelift

Thank you for you question and pictures scabbing and pleating at the back of the ears in not uncommon in the early stages, but please return to your plastic surgeon to ensure the wound is healing as should be.  Regularly follow ups should be made.  Final results can take 3-6 months for everything to settle.  All The Best 

Pleats behind the ear

At 8 days post op it is normal to have some pleats as the skin that is gathered from behind is redraped.  Within a couple of weeks it will look and feel like nothing was done at all. You can start doing a slight massage with vitamin E oil once you are 2 weeks out from surgery.  I hope this helps! Best of luck on your healing! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Completely normal

the pleat and the slight separation are totally normal. in order to gather the skin behind the ear we have to create creases will relax out over a few months. a small area that needs to heal on its own won't cause any problems either. In a couple of weeks that will settle as if nothing had ever happened.

Hope that helps. 

Adan Goodwin

Are the pleat behind my ear normal at 8 days post lower facelift?

It's not uncommon to see swelling and temporary bunching in that area.  I expect that it's very likely it will flatten out in time and not be bothersome or visible.  

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Are the pleat behind my ear normal at 8 days post lower facelift

The pleat will go away in time with a little massage. It is common after that type of surgery. I do not think there is a chance of necrosis where the wound separated a bit and it will heal on its own with the antibiotics. Might take a week or so though

Julio Garcia, MD

Pleats

not to worry. You will be fine and live happily ever after.

Everything will change and smooth out.....

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon