Ankle Lipo: can you place the incision above the achillies tendon and suction or just on the sides of the ankle?
Doctor Answers 1
An kle Liposuction- where do the scars go?
- Ankle liposuction is a little risky, no matter where the incisions are because there is little fat in the area and a lot of nerves, blood vessels and tendons.
- Personally I would not put an incision over the Achilles tendon -
- There is no fat in that area, so the tendon is not liposuctioned.
- The risk is of passing the cannula in error into the tendon, damaging it.
- Even if the risk of tendon damage is very low, if it happened, it could be severe.
- Personally I would not use this incision but it is not wrong - just not in my opinion the best route.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.