Hi Doctor , I have freckles on my face on the cheek area , do you think that fractional laser alone will give me a good result?

Treatment for freckles

Fractional laser would be one option, but if pigmented lesions (freckles) are your only concern, IPL can remove them at a lower cost, faster recovery, and no down time.  Ask your practitioner if a photofacial with IPL is right for you.

Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Freckles and Fractional laser

Short answer yes. I like using Fraxel 1927 for freckles and pigmentation in the settings below (high density). 
I think the best result you can get in ONE session is to combine BBL or IPL with Fraxel laser- a treatment I call Pulse Fraxel. 

Sure, all other lasers can reduce pigment including Picosure Fractional FOCUS, fractional erbium, Co2 etc... 

Dr Davin Lim
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fractional Laser alone for freckles?

Fraxel Dual would most likely take those freckles away with one session but BBL or IPL would also take them away with less down time. I would recommend the Fraxel Dual if you want to rejuvenate the whole face and not just a small area.
All the very best.

Sharon J. Littzi, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional laser for freckles?

Fractional laser is an excellent treatment for the face. It can reduce or eliminate pigment spots including freckles, smooth the surface of the skin and tighten the skin. However, if you only have one of these problems such as the pigment spots or freckles then other treatments may be easier to get, easier to heal from and have less risk. IPL or Intense Pulsed Light treatments, also called photofacial, may help with the spots with much less downtime. Remember that any of the treatments will reduce or eliminate the spots but they may come back with time.

Fractional Laser for Freckles

Fractional laser on the cheeks should help with freckles and it would help with other cosmetic facial aspects such as fine lines, wrinkles, and scars.  But if all you are looking for is help with freckles, you could consider IPL treatment, alexandrite laser treatment, or a chemical peel.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Fractional laser for freckles

Fractional lasers are a nice treatment for irregular pigment on the appropriate skin type. Without photos, it is difficult to comment. Please seek a consultation from a physician who performs these procedures