What weight do you suggest before having a body lift? Arms, thighs, stomach, boobs lift w implants from 42DD to 46DDD (Photo)

Approx 2 year ago I weighed 300 pounds. I was hit by a drunk driver and had disc replaced in my neck and back. The doctor did 2 separate surgeries but gave me a new outlook on life. Oct 1st of 2015, my neuro surgeon told me I was discharged. I started dieting hard and walking 10 miles a day. I am down to 180lbs but lots of loose skin. I am happy with my waist which is 30" but not my stomach, boobs, arms or thighs. My plan was to have it at 150lbs but reading some of the comments here worries me.

Body lift surgery...

Thanks for this great question. I'm so glad to see what a successful weight loss you have had after your accident. You certainly deserve to have an improvement in your figure through body contouring surgery. I think you're pretty much where you want to be for a lower body lift in terms of weight as I suspect the skin removal itself will get off an additional 20 pounds of skin and get you closer to your goal. I am concerned about doing all these operations at the same time. I would suggest you consult with several experienced surgeons before moving forward. The body lift is usually a great starting point for most patients and doing the arms at the same time would seem reasonable. A second good combination would be the breast lift and implants and a thigh lift about 6 to 12 months after the body lift. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Body lift surgery...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

What weight do you suggest before having a body lift? Arms, thighs, stomach, boobs lift w implants from 42DD to 46DDD

The best advice I can give is get to a stable weight, a weight that you can maintain, and then plan your surgery.

What weight do you suggest before having a body lift?

Thank you for the question and picture. Good job on your successful weight loss thus far; you should be very proud of this accomplishment! Always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for lower body lifting surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Body Lift/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Body Lift/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Timing of surgery post massive weight loss

Hello and thank you for your question . Congratulations on your weight loss . There should be no conflict. The more weight you lose the better the final outcome for you, including recovery, results and fewer complications .  So long as you are nutritionally sound I would suggest getting as close to 150lb as you can. 

Good luck . 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Good luck . 

Peter Fisher M.D