What could I do to make my upper lip look better? (Photo)

I hate how it drops so much in the front, almost like a birds beak, with the lip almost folding in as it heads to the corner of my mouth.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip augmentation through fillers can increase the size of your upper lips and can create a more symmetric pair of lips overall. I suggest that you move forward with a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and consider fillers before a more permanent surgical or injectable procedure.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

What could I do to make my upper lip look better?

Looks like you would be a great candidate for lip injections with a Hyaluronic acid filler, such as Juvederm or Restylane. These products will help to add volume to the lip and create a more aesthetically pleasing shape. I recommend for you to consult with a  board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best results.

Neil Sadick, MD

Lip Augmentation Candidate

Based on your photo, you appear to be a candidate for lip augmentation with dermal filler. As this is an extremely sensitive area, consult with an experienced and expert physician injector to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip Injections and Fillers

It looks like a small amount of well placed fillers properly placed would be fantastic for you.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. It appears as though your upper lip is disproportionately small compared to the upper lip. This can easily be corrected using a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Gettting a Natural Looking Lip With Fillers

In our office , we like most all of the hyaluronic fillers on the market, including the Juvederm and Restylane families of products. Since aesthetic contouring is as much an art as a science, a good injector should help you decide on the choose of filler. It will depend on where the filler will be used, how what your expectations are for the results and after-care.
We prefer a more natural look when volumizing and contouring faces and lips .  Good luck with getting exactly the look you love!

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Lip Augmentation NYC

I appreciate your concern and it appears from your photo that you would be a good candidate for lip augmentation with either fillers like Juvederm Ultra plus or fat. Both have advantages. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I think that you can make a nice improvement in your upper lip appearance with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler to add volume to the areas of folding to smooth the lips and better balance it relative to your lower lip.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in order to maximize your results.

Lip filler

Lip fillers might be the best solution to augment your upper lip. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Balancing the Lips with Chin Augmentation

Dear tinyteeth99:

Looking at your photo (a lateral photo would be ideal), I would  suggest mild chin augmentation initially followed by lip augmentation and enhancement with Juvederm Volbella.  Best wishes.