Liposuction - should I have to wait to have this procedure?

I am planning on getting liposuction to stomach flanks and thighs but i have a trip in 7 weeks should I wait to have this procedure as we are going somewhere warm and will be in swimsuits I only want to have it if I will look better by then then before the procedure or should I wait until after due to possible swelling/ bruising?

Liposuction with 7 week recovery

In my experience patients look much much better at the six week mark and bruising is gone.  There is some persistent swelling that is usually subtle and disappears gradually over 3-6 months but his should not prevent you from wearing a bathing suit.  Rarely there are exceptions but I would be comfortable performing liposuction (assuming it is not massive liposuction) using this recovery time frame.
Good luck and enjoy!

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Liposuction and swim suit

You will likely be swollen at 7 weeks post liposuction. You might be better off waiting until after you trip to have this done.

Liposuction before vacation

7 weeks should be enough time to be mostly recovered from liposuction. However, there is still a small chance that you could have some bruising or swelling. If you are not willing to put up with that small chance it is best to wait until after your vacation to have it done. 

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. You would likely be okay.  However, my best advice is to wait until after your vacation, and that way you will not be stressed about the swelling after your surgery during yout recovery.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction before travel?

Many patients do demonstrate quite a lot of improvement seven weeks after liposuction. However, there are no guarantees that you still won't have swelling.  The greater concern is for the effects of sun exposure. Go enjoy your vacation with peace of mind and have the surgery upon your return.

Postop swelling

You have to acknowledge after 7 weeks you will be still swollen, you can not be exposed to the sun because of the risk of getting permanent dark spots, you should not be exposed to warm weather because swelling will become worst, and the most important, most likely you will still not look good enough to be on swimsuit.
Your safety is first.
Dr. Cardenas