Explain the types of infection in the breast after augmentation

Their is no redness no drainage. One of my breast is more tender than the other more swollen then the other

Breast implant infection after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, I am so sorry to learn that you are having this problem. You really should return to the PS and you need to be followed very closely. Breast implant infections are nothing to take lightly.

You should contact your surgeon as soon as possible.

Swelling and soreness in one breast after augmentation

Your breasts are more like sisters not twins so its very common for one breast to be more tender and swollen than the other after breast augmentation and this is usually no cause for concern.  However without any photographs, or an in person consultation, its impossible to determine whether you are simply experiencing normal post operative recovery or whether you have a fluid collection called a seroma which may require review.  If your feel that your discomfort increases or you experience sudden swelling or onset of fever than you should seek further medical attention.  Hopefully over the coming days your symptoms will begin to resolve.

If your concerned about infection, make an appt and visit your PS.  It is common however for breasts to feel different after even during your cycle.  

One breast more sore than the other

It is not uncommon to have one breast feel a little more sore or bruised than the other right after surgery. If you notice concerning changes or increased pain/swelling, contact your Plastic Surgeon for assessment.

Take care

Breast pain

I appreciate your question.
Without more info its hard to give a great answer.
This could be normal postop swelling or could be a fluid collection.
I recommend following up with your PS
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

More swelling and tenderness in one breast

Hi, rachaelray.  Based on your limited information and not knowing how the surgery was performed, I cannot make an accurate assessment of your problem.  You may have a seroma (fluid-collection) or you may just have more swelling on one breast. Breasts can heal at different rate. It would be best to be examined by your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Infection after breast augmentation

An infection usually presents with pain, redness, fever, swelling, and sometimes drainage. Best to see your surgeon in person if you are concerned.

One Sided Tenderness & Swelling Post Breast Augmentation - What Does It Mean?

Unfortunately, you haven't given your RealSelf team of Board Certified plastic surgeons sufficient information to give you an intelligent answer to your very appropriate question.

I'm sorry you are going through the physical discomfort and the worrying.  Obviously, this question should be directed to your personal plastic surgeon since he or she understands the situation and should be able to give you a much more appropriate answer. 

If you would like some general comments, then please send a photograph, tell us how long it's been since you had the surgery, whether the implant was above or below the muscle, whether there may have been some environmental intervention such as working out recently or even something as small as overdoing it early after breast augmentation. 

Breast prosthetic implant infections are not common following cosmetic breast augmentation

Prosthetic implant infections are possible but not common following cosmetic breast augmentation.  Much of the information on infected breast implants has been derived from breast reconstruction where implants are placed in irradiated post mastectomy patients.  Cases of reconstruction are more complicated and have higher incidence of prosthetic infection.  Experience with these complicated cases show that infection often occurs 2-4 weeks following surgery and are associated with localized swelling, redness, pain, and heat in the affected breast.  When advanced a patient may have fever and even purulent drainage from the affected breast.  Most cases are associated with bacteria, however rare infections with mycobacterium have been reported.  

The limited symptoms you have provided can be from variety of causes.  If of concern, you should see your plastic surgeon for diagnosis and clarification.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon