Asymmetry on lower chest wall normal at 5 weeks post op? (Photo)

I have this off/on pain on my left breast on the chest wall. At week 2 it felt like my skin was ripping off my chest bone and now its just on and off discomfort. I'm wondering if this will eventually go away or if the type of bra I wear is effecting the formation of my left breast. I'm now 5 weeks post op 450cc allergan gel high profile implants under the muscle.

So far so good

Your result looks nice. Expect at least 3 months for your implants to settle. One month is not enough time. Some preoperative photos would also help us make a better decision about the progress.

Postoperative Pain after Augmentation

The fact that the pain is improving is very good.  It is most likely due to bra irritation along the breast fold.   I would change up the bras and continue your massage.    Close followup with your plastic surgeon should resolve this over the next few months.   All the best.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Asymmetry after augmentation

The pain you describe could be normal or may indicate an issue. Only your surgeon can reassure or express accurate concern after an exam. Discuss your concerns about asymmetry but remember it will take 3-6 months to see your final result. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you have achieved a good result from the breast augmentation.  Discomfort and pain at this point during your recovery is not uncommon.  Please be patient and continue to follow the instructions of your operating surgeon moving forward to ensure optimal healing.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Not healed yet

You have large implants that impose more stretching on your muscle and nerves. This should subside over the next several weeks. Check with your doctor.

Photos do not show anything

and if you're having issues, you should see your surgeon for further advice and reassurances that all is well.  Most pains from breast augmentation subside with time so anticipate that and if it isn't, you should definitely see your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD