Revision - am I right to ask for revision for very asymmetrical crooked nose? (Photo)

Septorhino performed Dec 15 with spreader and tip gratfs. Bump removed. Tip 'refined'. Nose after 11mth is leaning toward one side. Seems to be dent on side. Unsymmetrical. Very unhappy and down. Had to live with this last 11mth and want to know that I am right to be offered revision? I know a nose can't be perfect but this seems very wrong to me.

Should I Consier a Rhinoplasty Revision

Based on these pictures and the time you have waited to evaluate your results I think you should discussion revision with your surgeon. If you don't feel that individual has significant experience with revisions get a second opinion from somebody who does.

Time to revise

I am so sorry that your procedure did not turn out well. Indeed looking at your nose it is asymmetric and lacks ideal proportions. You have also waited a good amount of time to see the result.

So before having a second procedure make sure your surgeon is very experienced with revision cases and has a practice that is highly focused on rhinoplasty.

Ask to see pictures. Discuss extensively before proceeding. 

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked...

Indeed.... it would be interesting to see what you looked like pre-operatively.... it is most likely that you are a candidate for a revision rhinoplasty.... you will likely require rib grafting as the best cartilage option to get you as straight as possible

The decision to undergo a revision rhinoplasty needs to be considered carefully ..Unfortunately, unsatisfactory results and secondary deformities from primary rhinoplasty are common.... like many other advances in science and technology, the techniques and approaches to rhinoplasty have become significantly refined over the last 20 years..... much of what is done now by qualified rhinoplasty specialists is much more 'constructive' than the 'destructive' methods of the past.... still many patients have suboptimal surgeries that result in asymmetry, over-resection of supporting structures and ultimate collapse over time. Im sure that here are several rhinoplasty 'experts' within a drive of you.... now your work begins...unfortunately many plastic surgeons who hold themselves out as rhinoplasty experts are not...You need a thorough evaluation and a well thought out plan....you will need to gain the confidence that your surgeon has the skills and aesthetic judgment to fix your problem....you will need to see several doctors to become convinced of what an actual expert is...find out who OR nurses and doctors go to and who their family/friends go to.... do your homework and be sure that your revision rhinoplasty surgeon has: 

1. many years of rhinoplasty practice experience 2. judgment and techniques that have evolved over time 3. a practice focused on rhinoplasty  4. a willingness to do difficult, secondary and reconstructive cases 5. an interest in teaching others how to evaluate and do rhinoplasty properly 6. a willingness to share rhinoplasty resume, photos and patient experiences with prospective patients 

good luck...

Revision?

A revision seems reasonable.  You are also correct that it might be extremely difficult to get it perfectly straight. Best of luck.