Am I a good candidate for a Rhinoplasty ? (photos)

Hi! Was woundering if i am a god candidate for Rhinoplasty ? I already had two surgeries on my nose because of breathing problems. My breathing now is perfect. In the last operation the surgeon made some small improvements on the tip and on the bridge, but the hump dident fall as we hoped. Is my nose horrible for my face? Just want some opinions on it. Thanks

Candidates for Liposuction

Some of the indications that you may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty are:

• Your nose appears too large for your face.
  • There is a bump on the nasal bridge when viewed in profile.
  • Your nose seems too wide when viewed from the front.
  • The nasal tip droops or plunges.
  • The tip is thickened or enlarged.
  • Your nostrils are excessively flared.
  • Your nose is off-center or crooked.
  • Previous injury has made your nose asymmetrical.

It is important that you have a clear idea of how you would like your nose to look and, at the same time, realize that there are limitations to the procedure. Patients with sufficient physical and emotional maturity who undergo rhinoplasty because they want to enhance their self-image are usually very satisfied with their decision. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook

Chicago 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Yes, It Should Be a Simple Procedure

Overall, you have an attractive nose with a nicely shaped tip, but you do have a persistent hump that could easily be corrected through a limited dissection via an incision inside the nose. Really, this is a small procedure that is much less involved than a full revision rhinoplasty. I often do these minor dorsal hump revisions that do not involve breaking the bones, but simply rasping down the bone under local anesthesia in the office with light oral sedation. Talk about this option with a rhinoplasty specialist. Best wishes.

I would like to start by answering the last part of your question:
Nothing is horrible for your face if you do not think so.

It is difficult to accurately evaluate your nose only with the view you provided. Bust based on that view, maybe a little improvement to the hump might be helpful. Your nasal tip is nicely rotated, its projection can be slightly decreased. 
Please provide additional views (from the front and from below) and ill be happy to give more details

Ahmad N. Saad, MD
San Diego Physician

Rhnioplasty

The dorsal hump on the back of your nose can be addressed by revision rhinoplasty, since we do not see the front view, it is hard for me to judge based on these picture weather you are going to need osteotomy or not. 
good luck!

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A revision rhinoplasty can be performed to shave down the dorsal hump, and decrease the projection of the nose. Revision rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your second surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure.

Rhinoplasty

Your nose does not look out of proportion for your face. If the hump was taken down further you would have an even better nasal shape.

YES! Cosmetic Rhinoplasty is a great option for you. seek only in person opinions.... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Candidate for rhinoplasty

To answer your question, there is some room to shave down the residual hump on the nose. The hump after multiple surgeries can be due to a variety of causes. It could be scar tissue or residual cartilage that is either sticking up . Cartilage can be removed easily but scar can be difficult because of your multiple surgeries. Only after an examination can we make an accurate decision. Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question and photographs. There are several conservative changes which could be performed.  You could reduce the dorsal hump of the nose with bone rasping and cartilage trimming. From the photographs it appears that your tip is quite nice.  With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck

Richard G. Reish, MD