I had gland removal & liposuction. My left nipple has shrunk & right one is normal. Im wearing my vest. Is it swelling? (Photo)

I had a surgery 3 weeks ago. I've seen that since day one my left nipple has shrunken. I spoke to my doctor and he told me it'll be fine. He did more work on the left side than right. Up till a few days i was also constantly feeling a liquid vibration on my right side continuously which has now stopped though no fluid ever came out from my wounds or nipple. I am also feeling slight pain on the left side still while right is just fine? I also can't judge if i still have swelling. Please advise.

Left Nipple Concerns After Gynecomastia Surgery

Thank you for your pictures.  You are early in your recovery and all the sensations that you are feeling will subside.  You have a retracted nipple on one side.  It may improve but more than likely you will need it corrected with and inverted nipple surgery and may some fat grafting at the base of the corrected nipple for support.  

What to Expect after a Male Breast Reduction

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.