Laser hair removal not working?

Im a male. Had alot of hair on the back of my neck. Not really thick, but definitley visible. Ive been going to laser removal for 7 months (1 visit a month). Havent seen any signs of growth untill now. I loved the results untill now. I have my next appointment next week but its starting to GROW BACK! Why?!?!? How?!?!?

Laser hair removal not working?

Thank you for your question. Some hair will remain after treatment. Laser hair removal takes 6-9 sessions to reduce 70%-90% of the hair. Continue your treatments as they are going well. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to laser hair removal. Laser hair removal is not a permanent treatment, it is a hair reduction treatment over a series of treatments. Its sounds as if you have had great results so far! Being informed and having the correct expectation of your results is important. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Laser hair removal expectations

You should expect that some hair will remain even after laser hair removal. The goal is about 70-80% improvement in hair, not 100%. It seems like things have been going well and I wouldn't be discouraged.

Steven F. Weiner, MD