How can you strengthen/repair a weaken damaged skin barrier in dry/rosacea/hypersensitive skin?

Hi I'm 43 with fair to light skin small pores and was wondering how to strengthen repair dry rosacea hypersensitive skin and will the hypersensitive skin be reduced by strengthen the skin barrier? I'm looking for anti-aging regime to help with fine lines and elasticity my rosacea is mild and also something that will help with the slight redness I get any suggestions I would greatly appreciate thanks

Lasers to stimulate collagen and help with rosacea.

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea.)

To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on. 

A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of -

1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective. Laser toning using the long pulse Nd Yag at 1064 can help with background redness. Lasers can also stimulate collagen especially the long pulse 1064. This is probably your best option - combined with V Beam as it address BOTH redness and collagen production. Other lasers such as fractional Co2- Erbium, Fraxel etc... will flare up rosacea. See a laser dermatologist to discuss options. 

2. Creams - anti inflammatory

3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A. 

4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens. 

For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options. 

Kind regards.

Dr Davin S. Lim.

Laser Dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist