I had septorhinoplasty to fix a deviated septum, raise the columella, and a hump. Are my results normal?

About a week post op...my nostrils are completely uneven. One is longer than the other and big & skinnier, then one is smaller, more circler, and not as long. Also, looking into the nose, I can see the septum on one side way more than I can see it on the other side. As if the septum is pushed more to the nostril on the right & is more visible in the nostril, & barely visible to see in the left nostril. Should I be worried?

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Normal results after septorhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.Unfortunately, there are no photos to evaluate but at 1 week post op there is too much swelling to evaluate nasal symmetry. It takes at least 6 months for 90% of swelling to resolve. Occasionally, I will place my patients on a Medrol dose pack to reduce swelling and re-evaluate them at 6 weeks. Rhinoplasty patients must be patient with their results. I hope this helps!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I can not say without seeing photos first. At this point in time, you have to allow things to heal. If you are concerned, speak with your surgeon.

Early results after rhinoplasty

It is normal for the nose to look a little distorted from swelling in the early period after rhinoplasty. This can happen because the body does not always swell symmetrically. That being said, it is not really possible to provide more reassurance for you without pictures. I would advise you to speak with your surgeon, who knows what was actually done in the operation and what the recovery should be like. Only your surgeon can provide honest guidance and reassurance at this point.  Best of luck with your healing.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD