Rhinoplasty surgery 6 days ago. My left nostril has just started pouring with blood. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty surgery 6 days ago due to get my cast off tomorrow but my nose feels very bunged up and my left nostril has just started pouring with blood is this normal? face is still in a lot of pain even with taking painkillers

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week  after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to consult with you surgeon immediately so they can perform an internal examination to see what is causing the bleeding. A little blood/old blood is normal but if it is pouring out this is abnormal and could represent active bleeding. Best to see your doctor as soon as possible to see what the cause of this is and to get it taken care of in case any complications have developed. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon