Can someone please put my mind at rest?

What will happen to me ? Had my BA 8 days ago I had a little drink and smoked 10 ciggerettes and also had some cocaine last night I'm now scared something is going to happen to me can someone tell me anything I can do to help not get complications I won't be going out the door again and am just gonna rest is this the best thing ?

Breast augmentation

Alright, those are all bad habits and not something you want to be doing around the time of surgery. Is it possible that you have caused a problem? Yes, it is possible. However, you may also be fine. You need to see your surgeon to be sure. You also need to stop doing the smoking and cocaine. I will tell you that alcohol is considered a toxin (because it is a toxin) and that you are actually better off not drinking. However, if you can keep the drinking in moderation, I would worry less about that than the cigarettes and cocaine.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Drug and smoking

Drug use and smoking are not good things to do during the post-op period or really any time. You should probably avoid these types of activities.

It is good to hear that you are going to avoid similar behavior going forward. After eight days and assuming all is going well, you will probably be fine. Keep your appointment with your Plastic Surgeon for him to check you to make sure. 

Can someone please put my mind at rest

Thank you for your question. I recommend you stop doing what you have done. Smoking delays healing. But best person to talk is your PS, he will guide through the process of healing

Can someone put my mind at rest?

Thank you for your question and honesty.  The best person to address this with is your surgeon as they can perform an in-person examination and ensure that your healing has not been compromised.  This recent out from surgery smoking can impair your body's ability to heal its incision while cocaine and drinking can increase your risk of bleeding after surgery.  Try and avoid all of these activities for your own safety.  Best wishes.

Smoking after surgery

Smoking  constricts blood flow to healing tissues and the amount of oxygen in the blood. Therefore the recommendation is not to smoke prior to and after surgery to assist in your healing. Having said that there are patients in my practice who have smoked after breast augmentation and they're healing has been fine. I agree that is important for you to stop smoking at this point forward.If you have any additional concerns it's important for you to speak to your plastic surgeon. Good luck

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

BA 8 day

Hi Gee gee,
Eight days are enough for breast incision to heal in most cases and this is normally the time for me to remove any dressing that I leave on the wound to heal.
I therefore think you are OK so far but when ever you get a chance visit your PS.
Wishing you all the best.

Smoking impairs wound healing because is decreases blood supply to your incisions. It is best not to smoke around the time of surgery.