What has happened to my nose? I had rhinoplasty three years ago as I wanted my tip to be more structured. (photo)

My nose was fine otherwise with no bumps at all .I now have a weird looking nose flattered bridge with a beak like nose at the end .My philtrum sticks out now with my top lip .I requested my notes from the doctor and it only mentions tip work .My nostrils are very narrow giving a pulled in look and my tip is still wide and boxy. I suffer from sinus problems now too .Any advice would be great

Revision Rhinoplasty

Obtaining your previous operative note and consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist would be helpful in determining if your diagnosis is indeed correct.

Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Over reduced beisge

You will likely need a revision. To rebuild the bridge we often need to use cartilage from either the ear or rib. My preference is to not use implants. If on exam your nose is intact structurally, fillers may be an option if you are not willing to undergo surgery. If fillers are chosen, always use a filler that is an HA or hyaluronic acid. These fillers are reversible in case the outcome is not optimal. Good luck in restoring your nose to your desired appearance. 

instagram: @mesbahimd

Alex N. Mesbahi, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

Most concerns can be addressed with a revision rhinoplasty.  However, the photograph does not give enough information.It will be best for you to see a surgeon who does revision rhinoplasties and discuss all concerns in detail.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose revision

beverleyb, no one can tell you exactly what you need expept in generalities. You need a revision by an experienced surgeon that specializes in "only faces". Look for years of experience, specialization and a lot of good photos. Search the Internet. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty issue

It is difficult to say what what would be best other than that you need to be seen in person to examine you carefully and review your concerns and goals.

Unhappy with Rhinoplasty result

Looking at your one side view picture it appears you dorsum is too low relative to your tip. I cannot tell much about the tip from this angle.  Obviously 3 years after surgery you have what you are going to get.  I would suggest you go see the original surgeon and go over you pre-operative images, current pictures and establish a plan for improvement.

If you do not feel comfortable anymore with the original surgeon politely have this discussion and get your records and diagrams so you can get a proper consultation with another surgeon.   Good Luck      I am sure you can be helped!

Thomas W. Loeb, MD

Flattened Bridge

Although i don't know what your nose looked like before,  it  appears that your bridge has been over  reduced.   This could cause all the issues you mentioned,  including breathing  problems.   Fixing this will most likely require a revison surgery.   Dont let anyone try to fix this with  fillers.   

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon