Me and my two friends had Botox 4 weeks ago and it didn't work.

It hasn't lasted. It has totally broken down. When I have told the lady in not happy she offered to do it again for a third time. I refused and said I wanted a refund and she has said no the product might be faulty and about 5 other people have complained. She have me the number to her prescriber who offered to do it for me, but am not happy as I don't know this man. What should I do.

Botox Did Not Provide Desired Results

Thank you very much for your question. It is imperative that you only use a reputable, board certified provider for Botox injections. Unfortunately, only the provider knows what and how much was actually injected during your treatment. I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon, who has experience with injectibles. At this consultation, he/she will be able to provide meaningful advice on when and how to move ahead with a safe and dependable treatment.

Botox didn't work

Thank you for your question anglease. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Refund policies vary from office to office so it is important to understand the policy prior to the treatment. We have our refund policy in our consent form which all patients sign prior to every treatment. We also take before photographs the first time we do a treatment for a patient and offer complimentary additional units two weeks after the treatment if the results are not perfect and the recommended dose was used. I recommend looking for such policies prior to undergoing a treatment so that one has realistic expectations and is not disappointed with any results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Very rare

this is a very rare event.  I would say go to a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist and try again.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Botox duration

If you are in the care of a reputable physician, you should not be having this problem.  There are rare instances of people who are resistant to Botox (I have seen a few) but this is unlikely in your case. 

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Real Botox

I would recommend that you have your Botox done by a certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. There are "injectors" that can use counterfeit products, or will over dilute the product. If the product is not freshly reonstituted it may also not work as well. Best, Dr P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Results

I suggest you consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in Botox and cosmetic injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Certified?

To avoid this issue in the future be sure you're going to a certified injector or you're seeing the physician in charge when you get injected. Before and after injection photos are helpful in determining just what the effects of the injection were for your case. Best of luck, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Botox not working

You had prescriptive medical treatment performed by a non-physician likely at a "spa" and predictably had problems. To minimize such problems always seek such injections by an experienced, board-certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon. You are not paying for the product, you are paying for the provider. The more reputable and highly credential led the physician is, the less likely you will have problems.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting The Results You want With Botox

This is tough to answer without before and after pictures. It may be that not enough Botox was used for the results you wanted. Xeomin or Dysport are Botox alternatives. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Don't get botox from spas.

Go to legitimate medical doctors and surgeons with a long history of performing the service.  They may not accept Groupon, but they will be honest about what your are getting and you are much more likely to be pleased with the service instead of feeling like you have been ripped off.