Will I be able to get a facial hair transplant if my donor area (head hair) is dense but fine in strand diameter?

I am looking to get a FUE facial hair transplant in the goatee zone, to cover sparse coverage. I am not concerned about price and due to my hair being very dense I presume I will have no problem with a large number of grafts. My main concern is quality - so if this is possible will the end result look natural? Thanks.

Facial Hair Transplant

This is a commonly performed procedure in my practice.  You have not included any photos in your post for me to be able to comment on your situation specifically.  The end result is typically natural with an experienced surgeon.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial hair transplant with finer hair

BThomas2016,Thanks for the question! It is absolutely completely natural. I recommend using only one and two hair grafts. The exit angles, direction and placement are critical in maximizing the outcomes. 
Sincerely,
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard transplants

Facial/Goatee hair transplants work well. It sounds like you have a good donor supply for a facial hair transplant, something we do all of the time.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Goatee Transplant

Hi There,When we have done these similar procedures in the past, we have absolutely been able to make the end result look natural. That is the only way to do it in my opinion. Once we have extracted the required amount of hair, we transplant individual follicular units in the desired areas, in a natural looking pattern and at the correct angles to restore bald areas and create a natural-looking beard/goatee.Because the transplanted hair will come from the back of the head, it also requires us to match natural colour of the area being transplanted. These hairs will initially grow faster and will require trimming for the 1st year or two.I hope this helps 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

You would need to see a doctor for a consultation to get a better idea of your goal and expectations.

You would need to see a doctor for a consultation to get a better idea of your goal and expectations.  Your beard will have the same quality of your donor hair.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon