I had an incisional hernia repair in 2010 w/ mesh. I have a endometreomia outside of my ab wall, lower right quadrant. (photo)

Can a full tummy tuck still be performed okay. Could the endometreomia cyst be removed at the same time? Also mini or full tummy tuck? I'm tempted for mini because of the shorter recovery. Thank you!!

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photograph.I would recommend that you have the cyst removed prior to undergoing elective cosmetic surgery. I would also recommend getting medical clearance for surgery from your primary/medical doctor. From the photograph you have posted I think you would benefit from a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty, as long as your BMI is 30 or below. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. With the use of topical scar creams or lasers, this can further diminish the scar line to make it less visible. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I hope this helps!
Good luck in your endeavors!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I had an incisional hernia repair in 2010 w/ mesh. I have a endometreomia outside of my ab wall, lower right quadrant.

From your pictures, you will need a full tummy tuck to remove all of the overhanging skin. The endometrial mass can often be removed at the surgery, but your surgeon will need to examine you and maybe get a CT scan to be sure. He or she may also need assistance from an OBGYN surgeon or general surgeon depending on the complexity involved in removing the mass. When thinking of a tummy tuck, try to think of it as a long incision versus a short incision, not as a full vs a mini. The recovery time is really not much different, only the incision length is different because there is more skin to remove.