Getting Liposuction and BBL, do I also need a Tummy Tuck? (Photos)

I'm 25 yrs old and planning on getting LIPO and BBL next March. I'm Currently 210lbs but working on getting down to about 180 before surgery. Based on my abdomen, do you think I need to get a Tummy Tuck as well? I will add pics.

Getting Liposuction and BBL, do I also need a Tummy Tuck?

Based on your photos, I would suggest a tummy tuck combined with liposuction to get the flattest possible abdomen. With liposuction alone, you may end up having some loose skin of your lower abdomen. Good luck!

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  You may wish to consider combining this with your other procedures into one surgery, but that is something to discuss with your operating surgeon.  If you still have not settled on a surgeon,. you may wish to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluate, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and then work together to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve the look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

Deffinitely you will benefit from a tummy tuck as well. If you only do liposuction, all that skin excess will be even worse. I would not do only liposuction for you, as i know you will not be happy with the result. 

Best of luck, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Tummy Tuck?

Great Question. If you are planning to loose more weight you will have more lose skin. If you are already getting lipo and BBL you might as well get your TT done. This will help with overall shape of your body and you will enjoy getting all the loose skin and fat gone for good. Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon to see what he/she recommends. Good Luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL

Combining a TT with BBL is a powerful visual cocktail.  That being said, TT results are optimized by being at or close to an ideal BMI particularly when it comes to visceral fat (fat underneath the muscles).  You would definitely benefit from one (assuming you don't have any future pregnancies planned) judging by your skin laxity.  I have worked on many patients who have had BBLs at other practices without addressing the abdominal skin, and the results are almost always suboptimal.  That is one reason why many before and after pics of BBLs do not show an anterior, abdominal view.    

I would suggest getting the BBL first and then have the TT at a second stage once your weight is optimized.  

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck vs lipo

If you have not had children yet, or are still planning on having children, then I would avoid getting a tummy tuck now.  Lipo once you get to your goal weight may be reasonable.

Greetings 

Thank you for your question based on your photos for evaluation you are a good candidate for both Liposuctiona and tummy tuck.

I agree your most important decision is the choice of your surgeon.  Find an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who is known for body contouring surgery and has good reviews.  Once you choose your surgeon and follow that surgeon's advice.

That said, after loss of another 40 pounds he will likely have significant loose abdominal skin which may well be best treated with a tummy tuck as liposuction alone will not tighten the loose abdominal skin.

Liposuction

Vaser ultrasound liposuction should address your tummy as well as provide excellent fat fro grafting. Your flanks and back can also be contoured for more curviness. I do not think you need a tummy tuck- I do not perform it with liposuction and fat grafting.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.